Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one.

My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), left speaker is blown out (the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one).

I found a lot of articles about a blown speaker, but all the articles blaming bootcamp as the cause.

I've never installed bootcamp on my computer, but still got the problem.

Is there an option too fix it?

Posted on May 3, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 10:37 PM

farshad82 Said:

"MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one.: My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), left speaker is blown out (the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one). [...]Is there an option too fix it?"

-------

Troubleshooting Blown Speakers:

I. Get this Serviced or Upgrade:

If you speakers are blown, then get this serviced. However, you might want to take this as a good reason to upgrade to a much newer device. Security Updates no longer being provided is due to come soon, I'm sure, for a 2015 Mac. So, for the avoidance, consider upgrading. You'd trainer your dat and all using Migration Assistant, and by asking Developers for upgrades and licensing issues.

II. As for Getting this Serviced:

A. Contact Apple Support:

If purchased from Apple, or covered under AppleCare, then get this serviced by Apple.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the hardware

C. Contact A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these speakers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 10:37 PM in response to farshad82

farshad82 Said:

"MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one.: My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), left speaker is blown out (the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one). [...]Is there an option too fix it?"

-------

Troubleshooting Blown Speakers:

I. Get this Serviced or Upgrade:

If you speakers are blown, then get this serviced. However, you might want to take this as a good reason to upgrade to a much newer device. Security Updates no longer being provided is due to come soon, I'm sure, for a 2015 Mac. So, for the avoidance, consider upgrading. You'd trainer your dat and all using Migration Assistant, and by asking Developers for upgrades and licensing issues.

II. As for Getting this Serviced:

A. Contact Apple Support:

If purchased from Apple, or covered under AppleCare, then get this serviced by Apple.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the hardware

C. Contact A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these speakers.

May 5, 2022 9:04 AM in response to farshad82

Bootcamp has nothing to do with a bad speaker. Unfortunately the speakers in these 2013-2015 MBPros seem to fail a lot with age. I've had to replace a lot of speakers on our organization's 2013-2015 MBPros. I've never had to replace so many laptop speakers before in any other model laptop (even other Macs).

Unfortunately a 2013 laptop is now considered "Obsolete" by Apple so you can no longer get an official Apple repair unless an independent AASP is willing to work on the laptop for you and purchase replacement speakers. Technically it is possible to get new speakers from Apple since the 2015 model uses the same speakers, but most AASPs will probably not know how to do so. Most speakers that can be purchased online are used and will likely suffer similar issues due to their age (they won't last that long even if they work now).

The speakers on the 15" model are not easy to replace as it involved removing most of the internal components since the Logic Board actually covers the left speaker making this a very involved repair. The 13" model had easily replaceable speakers although they also suffer from the same age related issues.

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 the left speaker is too quit compared to the right one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.