Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi am unable to update my phone to iOS 14

I’m unable to update my iPhone 7 to iOS 14

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:16 PM

The latest iOS version that you can update to is iOS 15.4.x The iOS version 14 is no longer available for updates.

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software UpdateIf there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 11:16 PM in response to agustin109

The latest iOS version that you can update to is iOS 15.4.x The iOS version 14 is no longer available for updates.

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software UpdateIf there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

Hi am unable to update my phone to iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.