Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE (2016) sudden battery drain and/or inaccurate battery level on 15.4.1

Sudden battery drain is back again and I'm totally fed up with it as it makes my iPhone SE unusable. This seems to happen after most system updates and I can't understand why Apple put their customers through this situation. My phone is always on 1% after being on 100% a couple of hours before and I can only use it when on charge. If I restart the phone then I usually end up with around 44% charge so it's obviously a bogus 1% reading. I'm so fed up with this happening again and again that my next phone will almost certainly be Android NOT and iPhone as I am not paying £500+ for a phone that is full of bugs and is unusable in mobile mode. Outrageous Apple I've trusted you for years but my patience is running out.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on May 4, 2022 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:03 AM

Problem seems to have gone away as of last night, so if you've got this issue or similar wait a little while and it may clear all on its own. I reckon there's some indexing task or similar that's going on after system updates that whenever the phone is connected to Wi-fi uses a lot of power, this is NOT good. Apple please note: It needs to only do it when power is connected, that way it would not drain the phone's battery power and only do its tasks when connected to external power.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 9:03 AM in response to JaimeCard

Problem seems to have gone away as of last night, so if you've got this issue or similar wait a little while and it may clear all on its own. I reckon there's some indexing task or similar that's going on after system updates that whenever the phone is connected to Wi-fi uses a lot of power, this is NOT good. Apple please note: It needs to only do it when power is connected, that way it would not drain the phone's battery power and only do its tasks when connected to external power.

May 6, 2022 11:30 AM in response to JaimeCard

I tried all this, but with no success. The issue now is, that this is the phone I bought for my kid and I don't expect that she has the skills to handle such issues and I cannot rely on the device I spent money for.

This reminded me why I quit buying iPhone for myself. And most probably I will not buy another one either for me or for my kid.

@Apple if you smell the customers are flying away?

May 6, 2022 11:48 AM in response to DMinkov

I suggest leaving the phone plugged into the power and connected to wi-fi for a couple of days, that way if my suspicion of some background indexing task using the battery and draining it should go away. I've been programming machines since 1974 and I am so upset at the quality of today's programming skills, what on earth they're teaching them these days, it's certainly not up to the level I've was taught.

May 9, 2022 5:52 AM in response to DMinkov

You sometimes need to have some patience with IT, a skill learnt over 50 years of working with IT. This is something that should have been sorted out by the programmers at Apple before the software was released so it never happens but the fix genuinely is to put the phone on power and wi-fi and let it do it's sync and that could take a couple of days as it did in my case. My phone is now working as expected and is 100% mobile but I had to have the required patience to get here.

iPhone SE (2016) sudden battery drain and/or inaccurate battery level on 15.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.