Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want my music removed. I want to add.

I want to add music to my iPhone or iPad. Even though I check the box that says "manually manage" and "sync only checked songs and videos" if I press sync it wants to erase everything. I just want to add.

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 4, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 9:54 AM

HoneyBearKelly wrote:

I want to add music to my iPhone or iPad. Even though I check the box that says "manually manage" and "sync only checked songs and videos" if I press sync it wants to erase everything. I just want to add.

That means that you're syncing to a different iTunes library and in doing so it will wipe everything and add contents from that library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 9:54 AM in response to HoneyBearKelly

HoneyBearKelly wrote:

That means that you're syncing to a different iTunes library and in doing so it will wipe everything and add contents from that library.

I don't want my music removed. I want to add.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.