You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other means of tracking an iphones location.

Hi, apart from using the find my iPhone app to track my iphones location, which other way can be used if the phone is offline.

My iphone have been snached by robbers and can't be located using the find my iPhone app..

Can anyone help please . thank you

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:43 AM

Did you enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI number for tracking the device.

The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2022 10:43 AM in response to salvation67

Did you enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI number for tracking the device.

The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc...

May 21, 2022 1:19 PM in response to salvation67

Apple phones are expensive so if someone can steal your iPhone then a couple of minutes later by pass the owners account with a software to disable the find my, then find my is automatically useless then..

No matter what they do to the stollen iPhone, the find my should work...

I chose iPhone 4 years ago because I trusted the find my but it has disappointed me big time..

Something must be done..

Unless there's any that I don't know about..

My location and find my was all set up and was working perfectly..

Other means of tracking an iphones location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.