Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transform controls don't show

Transform controls don't show on some clips in Final Cut pro trial. I select the clip in the timeline, put the playhead over the clip, select the transform control, click on the image in the viewer and no controls show. But in the adjacent clip the controls do show. See the two screenshots, one working, the other not. As far as I can tell I've done the same thing each time. Any help much appreciated.

Posted on May 4, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 12:13 AM

A few thoughts:

1) try deactivating a reactivating the transform tool

2) the first clip is seen to be much larger than the frame, or perhaps it was scaled up a lot. Is it possible that the same happened to the second clip in such a way that the controls are outside the visible area around the frame?

Try changing the viewer scale to 12.5%.

3) It may help to open the inspector to see what scale and is applied to those clips; also if there is a glitch that causes the controls not to show, you can use the inspector to change the scale and position (and perhaps also the spatial conform).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 12:13 AM in response to stufromhalifax

A few thoughts:

1) try deactivating a reactivating the transform tool

2) the first clip is seen to be much larger than the frame, or perhaps it was scaled up a lot. Is it possible that the same happened to the second clip in such a way that the controls are outside the visible area around the frame?

Try changing the viewer scale to 12.5%.

3) It may help to open the inspector to see what scale and is applied to those clips; also if there is a glitch that causes the controls not to show, you can use the inspector to change the scale and position (and perhaps also the spatial conform).

transform controls don't show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.