Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

administrator password

I update my Macbook to Big Sur and I couldn't get into setting because it sing me out from administrator and how can I reset the password for administrator(not user password)?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 9:34 PM

Hi Lasbanno,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You might want to follow the "Apple Recommended" method given in this discussion thread:

I have forgot my Administrator Password - Apple Community

Or

If the administrator and log-in password are the same:

Apple support have an article online that may help:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 9:34 PM in response to Lasbanno

Hi Lasbanno,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You might want to follow the "Apple Recommended" method given in this discussion thread:

I have forgot my Administrator Password - Apple Community

Or

If the administrator and log-in password are the same:

Apple support have an article online that may help:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

All the best :-)

May 5, 2022 9:50 PM in response to Lasbanno

Lasbanno Said:

"administrator password: I update my Macbook to Big Sur and I couldn't get into setting because it sing me out from administrator and how can I reset the password for administrator(not user password)?"

-------

Changing Admin Password:

If this is an Administrator account, then that would be the password to use for this account, and you'd use it until chosen elsewise. So, make note of it.

One Method...

Reset your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sue that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

administrator password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.