Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport utility not seeing router

i finally had to replace my ancient airport extreme and the new router doesn't show up in airport utility. i have my computer connected via ethernet. my express is there and the old airport was there, but not the new one. would there be some setting that i need to change in the router?

it doesn't see it via wi fi either.

Posted on May 5, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 11:48 AM

... and that's why it doesn't show up in the AirPort Utility as this utility is only for managing Apple AirPort base stations. Most likely, your new TPLink router uses a web-based administration interface which you would access via a web browser. Just check with the router's user guide for the proper method to access it. I believe the TPLink can be accessed at: 192.168.1.1

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 11:48 AM in response to wildernessbob

... and that's why it doesn't show up in the AirPort Utility as this utility is only for managing Apple AirPort base stations. Most likely, your new TPLink router uses a web-based administration interface which you would access via a web browser. Just check with the router's user guide for the proper method to access it. I believe the TPLink can be accessed at: 192.168.1.1

May 5, 2022 11:41 AM in response to wildernessbob

No knowing if you were able to obtain a "new in the box" base station, or a used one, I suggest that you perform a "factory default" reset on it to see if this gets it to show up in the AirPort Utility.

To perform a "factory default" reset: Start with the base station disconnected from power. While holding in the reset button, re-apply power to the base station. Keep holding in the reset button until the status LED starts flashing rapidly, and then, let go of the button.

airport utility not seeing router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.