Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My app

I am attempting to use the Find My app on my iMac, on left tab says I need to Sign in to locate your Mac and other devices. I follow the information it mentions, go to iCloud, try to turn Find My Mac under iCloud services, I get a message asking "Allow Find My Mac to use the location of this Mac" and I click allow. It goes through a very short Settup message, then stops, and the box for Find My Mac doesn't stay there. I have searched for answers, but found none. Can't seem to get it to work. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 5, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:18 AM

vladimir10 wrote:

I am attempting to use the Find My app on my iMac, on left tab says I need to Sign in to locate your Mac and other devices. I follow the information it mentions, go to iCloud, try to turn Find My Mac under iCloud services, I get a message asking "Allow Find My Mac to use the location of this Mac" and I click allow. It goes through a very short Settup message, then stops, and the box for Find My Mac doesn't stay there. I have searched for answers, but found none. Can't seem to get it to work. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

See if there is anything here:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 8:18 AM in response to vladimir10

vladimir10 wrote:

See if there is anything here:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple ...

Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.