Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not staying in power reserve

Hi so I have the 40mm Apple Watch series 5 and I want to put it in power reserve mode.

so my problem is the fact that the watch doesn’t stay in power reserve mode I’ve tried factory resetting it but nothing changed it.

when I press the side button the time appears after a few seconds and then the Watch restarts and goes back in to normal mode.

can I get my watch to stay in power reserve or is that just not possible?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on May 5, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 2:04 PM

Power Reserve Mode is only meant to be used for when your battery is about to die. To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 2:04 PM in response to Mofzee

Power Reserve Mode is only meant to be used for when your battery is about to die. To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

May 5, 2022 2:06 PM in response to Mofzee

Apple Watch not staying in power reserve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.