Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to buy a subscription to Apple Music in order to shop at the iTunes Store?

That says it all. I don't require streaming anything. I just want to be able to acquire music-for a price- from the iTunes Store. As I have for the last ten or so years. I don't want to "share" it with anyone, or receive suggestions from Apple or anyone else.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 5, 2022 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 1:31 PM

No. Purchasing from the iTunes Store still works they way it always has. You do not need to subscribe to anything to make purchases.

Just tap on the price of the item you want to buy in the iTunes Store to initiate a purchase.

If you don't see the iTunes Store option in the side bar of the Apple Music App, click on the Music Menu->Preferences->General->Show, and make sure iTunes Store is checked there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Birck Cox

No. Purchasing from the iTunes Store still works they way it always has. You do not need to subscribe to anything to make purchases.

Just tap on the price of the item you want to buy in the iTunes Store to initiate a purchase.

If you don't see the iTunes Store option in the side bar of the Apple Music App, click on the Music Menu->Preferences->General->Show, and make sure iTunes Store is checked there.

Do I need to buy a subscription to Apple Music in order to shop at the iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.