Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with wifi - no internet connection

Hi,

I have a 4G router which I am having trouble using successfully with any of me Apple devices (iPhone or iPad).

The router is connected to the internet and I am successfully able to browse the internet on my windows laptop when connected to the router.

Both my iPhone and IPad connect to the router but get no internet connection.

I have attempted many common fixes without success. These include:

• forgetting the network
  • resetting network settings
  • resetting the router to default settings

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any suggestions on what might be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Ryan

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 5, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 3:38 PM

I was going to suggest you reset your router to the default settings but you did and it didn’t seem to solve your issue. The next thing I will suggest to you is adjust your router settings to the settings in this article ☞ Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

if that doesn’t solve your problem Your next step will be to Contact Apple Support.

Good luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 3:38 PM in response to Rthomson91

I was going to suggest you reset your router to the default settings but you did and it didn’t seem to solve your issue. The next thing I will suggest to you is adjust your router settings to the settings in this article ☞ Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

if that doesn’t solve your problem Your next step will be to Contact Apple Support.

Good luck!

May 5, 2022 3:28 PM in response to Iafeef

The laptop is connected to the router wireless in the same way as the iPhone / iPad.

The only other device I have tried to connect is another windows laptop which also works. Unfortunately, I don't have any other devices to try.

I have not made any modifications to the router. I have even reset it to default settings.

When I first tried to connect to the router with the iPhone, the captive portal login attempted to open but failed to do so as this isn't required by my network / router. Does this give you any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Ryan

Issues with wifi - no internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.