Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, it seems that my Mac book is a very old version, would like to figure out whether store staff can help to upgrade it or I need to change to a new one.

Hello, it seems that my Mac book is a very old version, would like to figure out whether store staff can help to upgrade it

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 5, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 4:48 PM

The model year of a MacBook Air is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2009 MacBook Air can be upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.6 but no later version. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A late 2010 through mid 2011 MacBook Air can be upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but no later version. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2012 MacBook Air can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2013 and early 2014 can be upgraded to the latest version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 or later can be upgraded to the current version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 4:48 PM in response to yukie160

The model year of a MacBook Air is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2009 MacBook Air can be upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.6 but no later version. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A late 2010 through mid 2011 MacBook Air can be upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but no later version. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2012 MacBook Air can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2013 and early 2014 can be upgraded to the latest version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 or later can be upgraded to the current version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Hello, it seems that my Mac book is a very old version, would like to figure out whether store staff can help to upgrade it or I need to change to a new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.