Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to authenticate with 2FA

I only have one device with access to apple id. It’s broken. Ordered new phone and trying to login. Two step code is sent to broken phone. My email that is used for this account is also @icloud, which also asks for 2 step code sent to broken device. Phone carrier says apple needs to deactivate Find My on old device in order to provide call/text service. Local Apple store says no need, phone carrier can treat broken phone as missing phone and activate service without the need of old device, including the use of original phone number. I just want to login to my Apple ID, use my same phone number for work purposes, and restore backup data into new phone. Along with service from phone carrier.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 5, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 6:14 PM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 6:14 PM in response to InNeedOfAppleHelp1994

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

Unable to authenticate with 2FA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.