Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my Apple ID email back to @icloud.com

Hi.

I changed my Apple ID from my @icloud.com to a different email address (@protonmail.com). I changed successfully but after using it for a little (couple hours) I decided to change it back, unfortunately I get this error message. "

I also tried to change it on my iPhone but it doesn't change it either.

I do still have access to the @icloud.com account as it is still listed under the "contactable at" section on my iPhone under my Apple ID (my name) and under my Apple ID online under "reachable at". I am also still able to send and receive emails via my @icloud.com email address.

Is there a cool down period I'm not aware of or is it something else?

Any help, ideas and insight will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on May 6, 2022 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 5:02 AM

Hey there,

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later.

for more info ☞ Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

~

See ☞ What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

4 replies

Changing my Apple ID email back to @icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.