Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer music from mac to ipod nano

How can i transfer music from macbook pro to ipod nano

iPod Nano

Posted on May 6, 2022 9:54 AM

5 replies

May 12, 2022 7:05 AM in response to ErikMVonHalle

ErikMVonHalle wrote:

I regret to inform you that Apple DRM is built into iTunes and Mac OS now. I can not load music files onto my iPod Nano 4 anymore.

This is true only of Apple Music subscription service tracks. Any purchased songs or albums and items you ripped from CDs should not be DRM protected unless they were matched to the Apple Music subscription service catalog, and then deleted from the computer and re-downloaded from the iCloud music library for some reason.

There should be a way for me to sync podcasts to the iPod. But when I try I get the error message in iTunes that the iPod does not support the format.

This suggests the music is in a file format the iPod cannot understand. Like high bit rate AAC or M4A files. You may need to convert them to a format it understands such as a lower Bir rate AAC, MP3 or AIFF.

See here: link-> Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

May 11, 2022 11:51 PM in response to Patricia Secoy

I regret to inform you that Apple DRM is built into iTunes and Mac OS now. I can not load music files onto my iPod Nano 4 anymore. Even the music files I uploaded into iTunes from my CDs will not load. My Apple Music subscription knows that these are Copy Written music and will not copy the files.

I looked for a workaround all night, and tried TunesGo. It did not work.

My 3rd generation Nano is now a 8 GigaByte hard disk for my MacBook Air. I can load MP3 files onto it but they will not play from the iPod menu. iTunes will recognize them as MP3 and play them when I click on them.

Photos will sync. This proves that the my connections are good. Just no more music. It really hurts. I lost the music on the Nano when I did a reset. I love my Nano. It was a birthday gift from my late father. I have to use my iPhone 8 now to play my iTunes music collection. Not nearly as convenient.

There should be a way for me to sync podcasts to the iPod. But when I try I get the error message in iTunes that the iPod does not support the format.

May 15, 2022 12:58 PM in response to Phil0124

IT WAS VERY CONFUSING.

This is what happened. I ripped songs from Compact Disks as MP3 files and they worked for years in iTunes. Then I bought an Apple Music Family Subscription. I also bought an iCloud 99 cent per month storage subscription. My iTunes library disappeared off my MacBook Air into the Cloud. All was well and everything worked just fine, until I tried to reload songs into my iPod Nano.

HERE IS THE CONFUSING PART

I do not have Apple Match. Surprisingly all my songs in the cloud got turned into AAC files, and the AAC files will not download to my Nano. Fortunately I have a lot of my tunes backed up as MP3. But it took me days to learn what happened. I'm still not sure how or why this happened.

Sincerely yours,

Erik Von Halle

Golden, Colorado

transfer music from mac to ipod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.