Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Songs Won't Add to Music Library

There are some songs for Apple Music that I am trying to add to my library but they don't.

I click add and the circle spins for a couple seconds and doesn't add them.

I have noticed these songs are showing up in my library in MPEG format but I am trying to add the Lossless files and they won't.

Is there something I have to select/reset to allow the lossless version to download instead of the MPEG version?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on May 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 1:58 PM

I'm guessing if your MPEG version has already matched/uploaded then that is what you're going to get when you stream. You'd have to remove that copy completely before you could use the Apple Music Lossless version. Remove from iCloud Music Library, not just remove download.

tt2

3 replies

May 6, 2022 12:59 PM in response to kjhnath

To clarify, I'm not trying to download but can't even add the lossless version to my library to just stream.

But I can stream them from Apple Music, just not add to my library of playlists.

I removed all downloads and it says the MPEG is in the cloud so not sure how I can select the lossless instead of MPEG from the cloud.

Some Songs Won't Add to Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.