Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Find saved passwords and passkeys on your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log out of my iphone without losing my passwords

Why can't I log out of my iphone without losing my passwords?

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:57 PM

Is the feature switched on? Set up iCloud Keychain. Also note:

"What happens when I turn off iCloud Keychain on a device?

When you turn off iCloud Keychain for a device, you're asked to keep or delete the passwords and credit card information that you saved. If you choose to keep the information, it isn't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. If you don't choose to keep the information on at least one device, your Keychain data will be deleted from your device and the iCloud servers. "

When you log out, your keychain and other information is removed as you are no longer logged into the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 12:57 PM in response to gfymanzana

Is the feature switched on? Set up iCloud Keychain. Also note:

"What happens when I turn off iCloud Keychain on a device?

When you turn off iCloud Keychain for a device, you're asked to keep or delete the passwords and credit card information that you saved. If you choose to keep the information, it isn't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. If you don't choose to keep the information on at least one device, your Keychain data will be deleted from your device and the iCloud servers. "

When you log out, your keychain and other information is removed as you are no longer logged into the device.

I can't log out of my iphone without losing my passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.