Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps telling me that it is backed up

Hi my phone keeps telling me that it is t backed up but I am not sure why?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 3:23 PM

You’ve apparently been backing up to iCloud using Wi-Fi, and there’s no Wi-Fi available right now,to,perform a backup, and your iPhone and your cellular plan supports 5G which means that cellular backups to iCloud are possible, but—as indicated by the message you’re showing—potentially costly depending on the details of your cellular plan.

If you are somewhere where think you should have Wi-Fi, you’ll want to sort out why your iPhone is not connected to Wi-Fi.

If you are somewhere without Wi-Fi and want to back up now, then select “use cellular data” and perform the backup now.

Details on backup options and alternatives: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 3:23 PM in response to NettaThankful1

You’ve apparently been backing up to iCloud using Wi-Fi, and there’s no Wi-Fi available right now,to,perform a backup, and your iPhone and your cellular plan supports 5G which means that cellular backups to iCloud are possible, but—as indicated by the message you’re showing—potentially costly depending on the details of your cellular plan.

If you are somewhere where think you should have Wi-Fi, you’ll want to sort out why your iPhone is not connected to Wi-Fi.

If you are somewhere without Wi-Fi and want to back up now, then select “use cellular data” and perform the backup now.

Details on backup options and alternatives: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPhone keeps telling me that it is backed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.