Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iphone10 and when tap on the group icon it does not prompt to allow naming?

I want to name my iMessage group?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 1:10 PM

Hey there,

If all the members of the group message use iMessage, you can give the message thread a name. If not, then you cannot rename the conversation: Send a group text message on your iPhone Group iMessage These messages appear in blue text bubbles. They go through Apple instead of your carrier, and are protected by end-to-end encryption.

Naming a group message in Messages is only applicable for iMessage conversations. If your conversation is an SMS/MMS group message, then you will not be able to rename that group conversation. This is expected behavior and wouldn't be considered a technical issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 1:10 PM in response to Dayanadir

Hey there,

If all the members of the group message use iMessage, you can give the message thread a name. If not, then you cannot rename the conversation: Send a group text message on your iPhone Group iMessage These messages appear in blue text bubbles. They go through Apple instead of your carrier, and are protected by end-to-end encryption.

Naming a group message in Messages is only applicable for iMessage conversations. If your conversation is an SMS/MMS group message, then you will not be able to rename that group conversation. This is expected behavior and wouldn't be considered a technical issue.

I have an iphone10 and when tap on the group icon it does not prompt to allow naming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.