You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey Icons Download

Hi, I need the icons for Trash, Files, Drive icons, and more. Do you mind giving me some downloads?

Posted on May 6, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 3:04 PM

i'm unsure if i could even share the custom icons i use in this forum. i could probably share them one by one by using the "Image insertion" button. but, if i were to do that, there's no guarantee that the icons i chose to use will be the ones that you like. and i don't know if they would even be in the correct pixel dimensions to use them as the macOS icons if they were posted here.

so rather than open that can of worms, i'll just share the link to the page i visit to find all of my custom icons. there are literally hundreds of thousands of icons to choose from, and they all fit really well into macOS. they have icons for every single app i use and then some.

https://iconarchive.com

have fun!!

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2022 3:04 PM in response to liamcharger

i'm unsure if i could even share the custom icons i use in this forum. i could probably share them one by one by using the "Image insertion" button. but, if i were to do that, there's no guarantee that the icons i chose to use will be the ones that you like. and i don't know if they would even be in the correct pixel dimensions to use them as the macOS icons if they were posted here.

so rather than open that can of worms, i'll just share the link to the page i visit to find all of my custom icons. there are literally hundreds of thousands of icons to choose from, and they all fit really well into macOS. they have icons for every single app i use and then some.

https://iconarchive.com

have fun!!

May 8, 2022 9:48 AM in response to liamcharger

liamcharger wrote:
I need the official macOS Monterey icons because I am making my Mac that is running Catalina look more like Monterey.

sorry, i'm unsure where to find the "official" icons. but back when i began my search for custom icons, i ran across this page: https://macosicons.com/#/

they aren't the exact icons that come with monterey / big sur. but if you use the search field on that page, you will find icons that are very close to the stock icons that come on monterey / big sur. they appear as the "squicles" that modern macOS uses.

i searched "finder" and found these (and others)

and also searched for "safari".

that page should give you icons that are "close enough" for your needs.

May 8, 2022 10:09 AM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips wrote:

Not sure that is permitted as Apple Holds Copyright to all things Apple.

Technically maybe possible but . . . ?

EDITED

that's a good point, but...

if you used the macOS icons in a commercial application without proper permission, i can imagine a VERY LARGE civil settlement being won by apple.

but, if you were to use apple's icons to "pretty up" your own mac without marketing it or profiting from it....?

and that also seems like a moot point as i have never run across the "official" icons anyways. :)

May 8, 2022 10:53 AM in response to liamcharger

On the macOS Big Sur startup drive, the system icons can be found at

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/ 

I believe they are in a similar location in Monterey, so if you have access to a Mac that is running that OS I think that's where you should start. Maybe you have a friend or relative running the current OS that can let you take a peek?

macOS Monterey Icons Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.