Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can M1 Macs play pc games, like the Intel Mac do like the ones that I see on Steam

Can M1 Macs play pc games, like the Intel Mac do like the ones that I see on Steam

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:50 PM

No.

Steam has available games for Mac, and Apple has games available in the Mac app store.

A Mac running macOS is not running Microsoft Windows, and cannot play games built for Microsoft Windows.

Mac with the M1 Apple silicon AArch64 Arm processor cannot run Microsoft Windows for Intel x86-64 (with the Intel x86-64 processor), and no purchasable and supported version of Microsoft Windows for AArch64 is yet available for M1. (There’s an unsupported beta around for insiders that some folks have managed to get to work on M1, but it’s nothing that is supported nor can yet be purchased from Microsoft.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 8:50 PM in response to bobk90

No.

Steam has available games for Mac, and Apple has games available in the Mac app store.

A Mac running macOS is not running Microsoft Windows, and cannot play games built for Microsoft Windows.

Mac with the M1 Apple silicon AArch64 Arm processor cannot run Microsoft Windows for Intel x86-64 (with the Intel x86-64 processor), and no purchasable and supported version of Microsoft Windows for AArch64 is yet available for M1. (There’s an unsupported beta around for insiders that some folks have managed to get to work on M1, but it’s nothing that is supported nor can yet be purchased from Microsoft.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.