Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading your Mail database is stuck halfway through and won't complete

I updated to macOS High Sierra to Monterey today and my mail upgraded but is stuck halfway through and I can't access my mail now.

Posted on May 6, 2022 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 11:32 PM

ziggynfuzz Said:

"Upgrading your Mail database is stuck halfway through and won't complete: I updated to macOS High Sierra to Monterey today and my mail upgraded but is stuck halfway through and I can't access my mail now."

-------

Troubleshooting Uploading Mail:

What to Try:

A. Check Force Quit:

See if Mail and any other app is listed as "(Not Responding)". Go to: Apple Menu > Force Quit...> Select anything ending with "(Not Responding)". Also, while in Force Quit... be sure to select Finder, and Click "Relaunch"

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, seeing if this is gone. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Also...

C. Remove Login Items:

While in Safe Mode, remove all of your Login Items, and then restart the Mac.  Go Here: Change Users & Groups Login Items preferences on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2022 11:32 PM in response to ziggynfuzz

ziggynfuzz Said:

"Upgrading your Mail database is stuck halfway through and won't complete: I updated to macOS High Sierra to Monterey today and my mail upgraded but is stuck halfway through and I can't access my mail now."

-------

Troubleshooting Uploading Mail:

What to Try:

A. Check Force Quit:

See if Mail and any other app is listed as "(Not Responding)". Go to: Apple Menu > Force Quit...> Select anything ending with "(Not Responding)". Also, while in Force Quit... be sure to select Finder, and Click "Relaunch"

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, seeing if this is gone. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Also...

C. Remove Login Items:

While in Safe Mode, remove all of your Login Items, and then restart the Mac.  Go Here: Change Users & Groups Login Items preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Upgrading your Mail database is stuck halfway through and won't complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.