Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad storage full but iCloud storage still available

I have plenty of iCloud storage space but my iPad storage is full no matter how many apps I delete or offload. How do I transfer my iPad stored items to the available space on my iCloud?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on May 7, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:38 AM

You also should read this Apple Support article about the difference between device and iCloud Storage. iCloud is not a true Archive system. It is a syncing service. If you for example have iCloud Photos turned on, when you delete a photo from your iPad, the photo will delete everywhere you have the same photo synced with iCloud. This means it would delete from your iPad, your iPhone AND iCloud simultaneously.

This is the article --> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2022 8:38 AM in response to KitKatoriginal1

You also should read this Apple Support article about the difference between device and iCloud Storage. iCloud is not a true Archive system. It is a syncing service. If you for example have iCloud Photos turned on, when you delete a photo from your iPad, the photo will delete everywhere you have the same photo synced with iCloud. This means it would delete from your iPad, your iPhone AND iCloud simultaneously.

This is the article --> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iPad storage full but iCloud storage still available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.