Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inconsistent or Faulty Response From External Monitor

I have a Macbook Pro with the M1 processor hooked up to a LG 4K external monitor through a Caldigit hub.

Frequently, after my computer has been in sleep mode I'll try to wake it up by moving my mouse or by typing on the keyboard, but it will remain asleep unless I first open my MacBook and then close it again. Occasionally the monitor will display the startup screen, but the cursor will not move, nor will the keyboard type unless I reach over and open and close my MacBook.

How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 7:08 AM

Geopence wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro with the M1 processor hooked up to a LG 4K external monitor through a Caldigit hub.

Frequently, after my computer has been in sleep mode I'll try to wake it up by moving my mouse or by typing on the keyboard, but it will remain asleep unless I first open my MacBook and then close it again. Occasionally the monitor will display the startup screen, but the cursor will not move, nor will the keyboard type unless I reach over and open and close my MacBook.

How do I fix this?

Try bypassing the hub and plug directly into the MacbookPro— if needed Apple branded adapter to make the connection and compare your results.

Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple Support

If in doubt about your third party hub—refer to the developers website, search: Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates

Support - CalDigit

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 7:08 AM in response to Geopence

Geopence wrote:

How do I fix this?

Try bypassing the hub and plug directly into the MacbookPro— if needed Apple branded adapter to make the connection and compare your results.

Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple Support

If in doubt about your third party hub—refer to the developers website, search: Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates

Support - CalDigit

Inconsistent or Faulty Response From External Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.