Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard spacebar doesn't work at times

Hello everyone!

I have a Mac mini 2020 version. I'm using a Macally bluetooth keyboard - a very nice unit.

My issue is: There are plenty of instances where the space bar will not function. I can type letters and numbers, but the space bar will not operate. In fact, sometimes the default cursor area will jump around the screen to different areas each time I hit the space bar, though it isn't like that every time.

I figured it was a bluetooth issue and hooked up a wired keyboard only to have the exact same issue.

At first I thought it was only with Mozilla products, but I have found it to occur when I am using Safari as well. In fact, it seems to be anything that deals with online.

I'm always like, WTF is the deal? I would understand if the keyboard didn't work at all or if I got numbers when I type letters but all the other keys work just fine. It's just the spacebar and it's ******* me off to the point of imagining a sledgehammer becoming intimate with the keyboard.

This transition from PC to Mac has been one major frustration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Jeff

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:40 AM

I found the setting you mentioned and set it to off. I have been typing on and offer for about an hour now and have had zero issues.

Thank you!

This is been the most frustrating thing about my new Mac computers.

Again, thank you!!!

3 replies

Keyboard spacebar doesn't work at times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.