Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard randomly disconnects from my iPad Pro.

Apple Magic keyboard randomly disconnects and onscreen keyboard pops up and cannot get external keyboard back up. have been using Magic Keyboard from Apple for IPAD pro 2017 since purchase but now it disconnects at random times and keyboard on screen pops up. Very disconcerting. Have tried restarting IPAD, am up to date on software. HELP!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 8:50 AM

I’ve been to the Genius Bar, and replaced the iPad Pro twice and the magic keyboard once. The physical connection is fine. It’s a software issue.

5 replies

May 7, 2022 1:37 PM in response to Jjyu-4573

Make sure the metal contact pads and pins are all clear on both the iPad and the keyboard, and not no debris is preventing the keyboard from seating. If the contacts are clear and the keyboard is seating, contact Apple Support and discuss your options and alternatives. You can use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage.

Jun 18, 2022 8:45 AM in response to sambagrrl07

sambagrrl07 wrote:

I have this problem too and it seems to be connected to when I use <Command><Tab> to switch apps. My keyboard starts stuttering, connecting and disconnecting while I’m typing, and only gets fixed if I force restart my iPad Pro.

Make sure the metal contact pads and pins are all clear on both the iPad and the keyboard, and that debris is not preventing the keyboard from seating fully. If the contacts are clear and the keyboard is seating, contact Apple Support and discuss your options and alternatives. You can use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage.

Magic Keyboard randomly disconnects from my iPad Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.