Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update to the latest iOS on my iPhone 11

i can’t update new version

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:59 AM

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot)
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 9:59 AM in response to adharsh2001

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot)
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

May 7, 2022 9:01 PM in response to adharsh2001

adharsh2001 Said:

"Let me update my mobile: i can’t update new version"

-------

Try Updating an iPhone:

If things in the iOS GUI (i.e. the Battery Health) have gone missing, somehow, see if an update will fix this.

A. What to Update:

Update Installed Apps along with the iOS.

B. Determining if an iOS Update will Install:

How to do so...

I. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

II. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

May 30, 2022 9:58 AM in response to hodan115

adharsh2001 Said:

"Let me update my mobile: i need update my mobile"

-------

Installing a Cellular Update:

It is prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your carrier settings manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Also...

B. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jun 24, 2022 8:05 AM in response to TheLittles

I’m sorry but I did not find this helpful at all. 1st - Every time I search for how to upgrade/update safari mobile I am brought to this question/answer page. 2nd - Many many websites are constantly telling me I am using an outdated safari browser please update but I can’t. Please tell me how to get the latest version of safari or have you discontinued the Developement of safari for mobile devices?

I truly would like an honest answer along with the link to update safari. I have had a few security issues when using Safari on my iPhone 12 Pro Max so I’m thinking Apple stopped Developement it or patching security problems.

So what is the actual answer? Please

Jun 24, 2022 9:20 AM in response to Casey965

FIRST: Perhaps it wasn’t helpful because it was about updating iOS. It was NOT ABOUT UPDATING SAFARI!!!!!!

If you have the latest version of iOS you have the latest version of Safari; there is no link to update Safari beyond the version you have because there is no upgrade beyond that. Any websites that tell you that you are using an outdated Safari browser are WRONG; it is a problem with the site, not with your phone. Unless you are using VPN to connect to the Internet; if you are, stop doing that. Delete the VPN app and VPN profile. VPN connections frequently hide the browser version information for your “protection”.

Unable to update to the latest iOS on my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.