Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents not displaying

On MacBook Pro I used to open Pages from a Pages icon at the bottom of my screen and straight away a list of all my documents & files would come up. Now only templates come up. How can I revert to the previous setting please? I also have a similar problem with Numbers but no templates show (as there aren't any).

Posted on May 8, 2022 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 5:23 AM

If you have in System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive Options… [√] Pages selected, then when you launch Pages from the Dock, you will be greeted by a file Chooser, which has a New Document button that would then open a Template Chooser. If that iCloud Drive preference for Pages is unset, then Pages will launch with a Template Chooser. And a third launch option can be set in Pages Preferences > General to specify a template to always use when Pages is launched, skipping either Chooser.

Regardless of the settings in the first paragraph, Pages will show the names of recent documents (not templates) on its Dock icon menu when you right-click on it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 5:23 AM in response to NanaMelville

If you have in System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive Options… [√] Pages selected, then when you launch Pages from the Dock, you will be greeted by a file Chooser, which has a New Document button that would then open a Template Chooser. If that iCloud Drive preference for Pages is unset, then Pages will launch with a Template Chooser. And a third launch option can be set in Pages Preferences > General to specify a template to always use when Pages is launched, skipping either Chooser.

Regardless of the settings in the first paragraph, Pages will show the names of recent documents (not templates) on its Dock icon menu when you right-click on it.

Pages documents not displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.