Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger issues

All of a sudden the charger doesn’t work on the iPad. I went to an Apple store to see if it was the battery. The charger at the store worked and I purchased a new charger thinking mine was no good. It didn’t work. The store charger was wider/thicker. I asked where I could buy it, and the technician said, “I can’t tell you or help you.” Great answer!!! You should be able to support your product and customers!

Where can I purchase it?

Posted on May 8, 2022 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 6:10 AM

An iPad Pro 12.9" 1st generation (firstly released in 2015), is compatible with this Apple charger:--> Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

But since this charger has an USB-C port, you need this cable too:--> USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m) - Apple

Regards

Giulio

6 replies

May 8, 2022 5:08 AM in response to Rmiraglia

What iPad model do you have?:--> Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

Did you try to use a different new charging cable?

Did you check your charging port to see if it is dirty?

As far as chargers are concerned, you can use an original Apple charge, or any MFI (made for iPhone/iPad) certified PD charger of any wattage, bearing in mind that chargers do not "push" power; they just supply power "drawn" by your iPad.

Regards

Giulio

May 8, 2022 5:43 AM in response to ProustGiulio

The model is A1584 and the battery was tested…it’s fine.

I bought a charger in the in the Apple store, tested it and it didn’t work. I tried all the chargers I have and they didn’t work.

The tech cleaned the charging port.

The charger at the Apple store charging station did. I asked where I can purchase it and that’s where I got the response, “ Can’t help you and can’t tell you.”

Are you able to tell me where I can purchase one? It was a bit thicker and wider.

Charger issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.