Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages (iMessages and Text messages) no longer syncing to my MacBook Pro

Just noticed that my iMessages and text messages are no longer synching with my MacBook Pro. I have all the settings configured correctly, as described on the Apple Support pages. iMessages are enabled through iCloud for synching, Text Message Forwarding is enabled on all of my devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook). Even the Sync Now button is not working under Message Preferances on the Mac. The synching starts but never finishes. I was away for 1 week and when I returned home, 156 messages will not synch with my MacBook. Rebooting the computer doesn't help. The messages are still synching between iPad and iPhone OK, just the Mac is not working anymore. HELP!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 8, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:56 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and stop Messages syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then signing back in?

Similar questions

1 reply

Messages (iMessages and Text messages) no longer syncing to my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.