Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect airtag and iphone 11

I set up my airtag with my iPhone 7 with no problem, but wanted to remove it from this account and phone and add it to my iphone 11. I removed it, but cannot get it to connect to the iphone 11. Bluetooth is on, Wi-fi on, Two factor authentication on, IOS 15.4. I reset the airtag. Nothing happens on the iPhone. I restarted the iPhone and reset the airtag again. Nothing.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 8, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 2:11 PM

Add an AirTag

1. Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone.
  2. Remove the battery tab from the AirTag (if applicable), then hold it near your iPhone.
  3. Tap Connect on the screen of your iPhone.
  4. Choose a name from the list or choose Custom Name to type a name and select an emoji, then tap Continue.

More items...

Add an AirTag in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 2:11 PM in response to fcgiii

Add an AirTag

1. Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone.
  2. Remove the battery tab from the AirTag (if applicable), then hold it near your iPhone.
  3. Tap Connect on the screen of your iPhone.
  4. Choose a name from the list or choose Custom Name to type a name and select an emoji, then tap Continue.

More items...

Add an AirTag in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

May 8, 2022 2:15 PM in response to fcgiii

If this isn't your AirTag --> What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory or set of AirPods is with you – Apple Support (UK)

Get information about or disable an AirTag, Find My network accessory or set of AirPods

If you have found an unknown AirTag, you can follow these steps to see information about it or to disable it: 

1. If you have found an AirTag, hold the top of your iPhone or NFC-capable smartphone near the white side of the AirTag until a notification appears.
  2. Tap the notification. This will open a website that provides information about the AirTag, including its serial number and the last four digits of the phone number of the person who registered it. This can help you identify the owner, if you know them. You may want to take a screenshot to make sure you can document the information.
  3. If the owner marked the AirTag as lost, you may see a message with information about how to contact the owner.

To find out more about a set of AirPods or Find My network accessory that’s been separated from its owner, scroll to the bottom of the Items tab, then tap Identify Found Item.

If you need to see a list of all AirTag and Find My Network accessories about which you have been notified, launch the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Tap Items. Scroll to the bottom and tap Items Detected With You. Items that have recently triggered an unwanted tracking alert will be listed. If the option to play a sound isn’t available, the item may not be with you any more, may be near its owner or if it was with you overnight, its identifier may have changed.

Cannot connect airtag and iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.