Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen going from pink to grey to pink every 5 vseconds

screen going from pink to grey to pink every 5 vseconds! this is giving me a headache. I called Apple

and a tec walked me through a fix, but to no avail! Can anyone help me? It really is making me sick.

Apple won't help me... so....

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 8, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 1:19 AM

Not knowing what you already tried:

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems. No reason the stay in Safe Mode.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

Does this happen when you boot to Recovery? The following provides instructions for getting into Recovery.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Last would be to reinstall macOS using the instructions in the above link. If problem persists when nothing is restored from the backup and noting download that points to a hardware problem. I suspect a heart problem. In that case replacement of parts would be required but manot be worth the price and a new Mac may be best.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 1:19 AM in response to Hop along

Not knowing what you already tried:

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems. No reason the stay in Safe Mode.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

Does this happen when you boot to Recovery? The following provides instructions for getting into Recovery.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Last would be to reinstall macOS using the instructions in the above link. If problem persists when nothing is restored from the backup and noting download that points to a hardware problem. I suspect a heart problem. In that case replacement of parts would be required but manot be worth the price and a new Mac may be best.

May 9, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Hop along

To everyone helping me resolve this pink to grey then back to pink screen. Thank you so much! I will try each

tec tip and be sure to let you all know the results. The model I have is a MacBook Air 2020 M1. I forgot to include

that information. My MacBook Air mid 2013 was slowing downnnn so much that I gave up and bought this super

duper, modern, so fast it's scary, M1... now I find that it is fast but, the app's can't keep up with it! ( or so I was told) sooo, mine isn't

so supper supper after all. Kinda like buying an indy car to use on country roads, the machine is capable of super speed but....

Thank You so for all your help!

May 12, 2022 11:15 AM in response to jimfromgowanda

Hello everyone! Well... I tried the suggestions. nothing worked. I have it on auto update so it's up to date.

I rebooted, and all the rest but... When I tried to reformat to factory new and reinstall Monterey it locked

at 2 hours and 58 minutes! Started over and locked up again... I am soooo tired of apple! This m1

has been a pain in my you know what from the minute I hit the start button. I am now using my great old macbook air mid 2013, it's sooo sloww, but it works. Over $1200 for nothing but headaches from day one. I am a loss as to what to do next.

A note on the screen says: "could not complete" or something like that.

Thank you all for being so kind and helpful. I mean it, you all rock!

Maybe if I do a number I'll cheer up.... naw, I'll just be hungry all day!

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

screen going from pink to grey to pink every 5 vseconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.