Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone password not working

iPhone locked me out. somehow my password changed.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 8, 2022 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 9:54 PM

cindvalencia Said:

"iPhone password not working: iPhone locked me out. somehow my password changed."

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Secure your Account:

Having been suspiciously locked out, someone may have your credentials. So, do three Things:

Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

C. Change the Password and Passcode:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2022 9:54 PM in response to cindvalencia

cindvalencia Said:

"iPhone password not working: iPhone locked me out. somehow my password changed."

-------

Secure your Account:

Having been suspiciously locked out, someone may have your credentials. So, do three Things:

Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

C. Change the Password and Passcode:

May 8, 2022 9:52 PM in response to cindvalencia

cindvalencia Said:

-------

Do you mean "Passcode"? If so, refer to the following...

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through 

iPhone password not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.