Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer driver

Where can I get a printer driver for a HP Photosmart C309a series printer that will work on macOS Monterey 12.3.1? Do they even exist? If they don't exist, what's a workaround?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:25 PM

does not appear that hp suppor that model for higher than OS X Mavericks (version 10.9)

HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

if it was me then I would check if gutenberg support that Gutenprint Printer Drivers (sourceforge.net)

2 replies

May 9, 2022 2:49 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks. I checked but they don't have one.

My printer was working and then stopped for some unknown reason. The problem is definitely software, not hardware. The printer will print an engineering oriented page as it tries to "align" itself. When I send a print job to the printer over my wireless network, I get various responses including "The printer is not responding", "Printing - Connecting to printer", "ready to print", "unknown error", "Paused", etc. Is there any way to print with some generic software? Any help would be much appreciated.

Printer driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.