Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Library.musiclibrary appears on Desktop

For some odd reason whenever I run Music it creates a copy of Music Library.musiclibrary on my desktop. If I delete it, it reappears. The Music Media folder location in Music>Preferences>Files is in my home folder, along with the 'original' Music Library.musiclibrary.

Music.app otherwise works OK, so more an irritation than a problem. Any ideas?

MacBookPro 16in M1; OS 12.3.1; Music 1.2.3.56

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 8, 2022 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 1:21 AM

See Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community. Music may place the .musiclibrary database on the desktop when it doesn't have the correct permissions for the location it is supposed to be using. Note that the default location for the database is ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary, where ~ is your user's home folder, and the default path for the media folder is ~/Music/Music/Media. After moving the database to the correct location and repairing permissions use the option-start-Music method to explicitly choose the library on this path.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 1:21 AM in response to Chris Bunch

See Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community. Music may place the .musiclibrary database on the desktop when it doesn't have the correct permissions for the location it is supposed to be using. Note that the default location for the database is ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary, where ~ is your user's home folder, and the default path for the media folder is ~/Music/Music/Media. After moving the database to the correct location and repairing permissions use the option-start-Music method to explicitly choose the library on this path.

tt2

Music Library.musiclibrary appears on Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.