Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv screensaver showing the same images over and over again

Hello,

I have just activated Home Sharing to access my computer photo gallery with more that 10000 photos on your Apple TV.

Everything is fine BUT my screensaver shows me only few of them again and again.

is this a BUG?

thank you

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 9, 2022 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 7:57 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The photo screen saver from Home Sharing will cache (copy) a limited amount from the library. The exact limits are not listed, but it is typically way less than 10,000 photos worth of disk space. Only the select cached images will be shown for the screen saver. That set is fixed until you set a new screen saver.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 7:57 AM in response to fotony

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The photo screen saver from Home Sharing will cache (copy) a limited amount from the library. The exact limits are not listed, but it is typically way less than 10,000 photos worth of disk space. Only the select cached images will be shown for the screen saver. That set is fixed until you set a new screen saver.

Apple tv screensaver showing the same images over and over again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.