Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Pages, page scrolls itself

What's with when using Pages 12.0 the page without any reason, jumps to another page all by itself. Very frustrating and happens very fast. Have typed on wrong page many times. Can this be corrected?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 9, 2022 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 8:18 AM

I have been using 12.4 all along.  Thanks for tip about Get Support button.  Used it. Got Chat & they scheduled a call-back with the appropriate  Technical Support.  Received call-back on time.  Was surprised - on a Sunday morning.  Anyway, Tech Support never heard of my “jumping” problem.  Finally, all he could suggest was to reinstall OS 12.4.  I didn’t want to do that and just decided to live with it.  After the call, I decided to use the rubber mouse pad again.  For some reason I stopped using it many months ago.   I used it directly on a wood desk top with noticeable grain.   Well, the “jumping” in Pages & InDesign stopped!  Crazy!!!!!!  So, as Shakespeare, said, “All’s well that ends well.” 

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 8:18 AM in response to picas

I have been using 12.4 all along.  Thanks for tip about Get Support button.  Used it. Got Chat & they scheduled a call-back with the appropriate  Technical Support.  Received call-back on time.  Was surprised - on a Sunday morning.  Anyway, Tech Support never heard of my “jumping” problem.  Finally, all he could suggest was to reinstall OS 12.4.  I didn’t want to do that and just decided to live with it.  After the call, I decided to use the rubber mouse pad again.  For some reason I stopped using it many months ago.   I used it directly on a wood desk top with noticeable grain.   Well, the “jumping” in Pages & InDesign stopped!  Crazy!!!!!!  So, as Shakespeare, said, “All’s well that ends well.” 

May 9, 2022 10:54 AM in response to Don Gee

Hi Don,

If this was happening on a Macbook or with a keyboard the included a track pad or with a mouse with touch capabilities, my first thought would be accidentally brushing the track pad with a finger or thumb. Whether something similar is possible on a current iMac, I don't know.

Regards,

Barry

May 16, 2022 9:22 PM in response to picas

I Restarted my iMac in SAFE Mode o.k.  What a disaster!  In Pages, SAFE MODE changed type font to one not available (I used Tekton regular (only style available.)  Changed to TektonPro - Bold!  Worse mess with InDesign.  I have a 12 month calendar which SAFE MODE changed 20 type fonts to none of which were available on this computer.  Fortunately, by restarting in normal mode, I got back to where I was before trying SAFE MODE!  However, SAFE MODE screwed-up Creative Cloud and I had to re-install it.   What a mess!

May 28, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Don Gee

UPDATE: May 28, 2022. Still same problem with Page. Page working on randomly jumps up severl pages. I guess I forgot to add that InDesign does the same - jumps verticle & horizontal for no apparent reason. Today it started to jumpg both vertically and horizontlly AT THE SAME TIME. Is this something that needs to be addressed by Apple (desktop iMac - Monyerey 12.0.1)?

Jun 30, 2022 7:38 AM in response to Smurph25

Something is just screwy with my Mac. I thought problem was solved, but it's the same whether I use the mouse on a wood surface or rubber pad. Page in Pages just jumps around at will. Usually right after I type. I do a daily log in same format every morning. Sometimes, it jumps 3-4 pages very fast, and I start entering new info 3 days past. Then have to "undo typing" until I get back to the current page. Seems to be no fix for it.

Jun 30, 2022 11:44 AM in response to Don Gee

Hi Don,

Still sounds like a mouse issue.

You might try looking through and changing some of the mouse/trackpad preference settings to reduce the scrolling speed.

Also check settings for multi finger actions, and test some changes there.

Regards,

Barry

PS: My 'fat finger' oddity is this Mac's fondness for the Spanish keyboard layout, and occasionally the French layout.

I'm typing away and all of a sudden I get 'q' where I've typed 'a' and other oddities.

Jul 14, 2022 11:00 AM in response to Don Gee

Still having this problem in Pages with the page I am working on suddenly jump up one or two pages. I've been watching closely when this happens. It is always after I delete a character and type in a new one. Both my hands are free (off the keyboard and off the mouse. Is there some settings in the keyboard that would cause this?

Using Pages, page scrolls itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.