Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos Backup

I backed up my iCloud account on my iPhone 11 before switching back to my iphoneXR, but none of the pictures I backed up are in my iCloud like they should be. My storage was full so I purchased iCloud+ so the pictures would fit but they are not anywhere on my iCloud now, why did they not back up? How do I go about getting those back if that is even possible?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 9, 2022 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 4:59 PM

iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos are two different things.

You can view iCloud Photos by using an internet browser and logging into www.icloud.com and going to the Photos app there. If your photos were synced with. iCloud Photos they will automatically sync to a new device if you turn on iCloud Photos on that device. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on, photos will be included in an iCloud Backup. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup but you can use a backup to setup a new iPhone. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 4:59 PM in response to Haileypickle33

iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos are two different things.

You can view iCloud Photos by using an internet browser and logging into www.icloud.com and going to the Photos app there. If your photos were synced with. iCloud Photos they will automatically sync to a new device if you turn on iCloud Photos on that device. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on, photos will be included in an iCloud Backup. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup but you can use a backup to setup a new iPhone. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iCloud photos Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.