Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus on my iPhone

If I back up my phone and factory reset it will I be able to get back all of my photos my music and all of my emails?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2022 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 1:13 AM

First of all there are no iPhone viruses.

Regarding your question, it depends on where your music and photos are stored.

If You use iCloud Photos then they will still be in iCloud.

If you sync photos from your computer then you will have to re-sync them from the computer

If the photos are just there because you took them on the phone and you do not have iCloud Photos turned on they they should be backed up but there is always a danger of losing them if the backup fails. That wold be unusual however.

Music is very much the same, Apple music will be re-downloadable, music sync'd from a computer will need to be re-sync'd.

Emails are never saved directly to the iphone unless you use the old POP system. IMAP emails will re-install themselves.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 1:13 AM in response to Tearrinscott

First of all there are no iPhone viruses.

Regarding your question, it depends on where your music and photos are stored.

If You use iCloud Photos then they will still be in iCloud.

If you sync photos from your computer then you will have to re-sync them from the computer

If the photos are just there because you took them on the phone and you do not have iCloud Photos turned on they they should be backed up but there is always a danger of losing them if the backup fails. That wold be unusual however.

Music is very much the same, Apple music will be re-downloadable, music sync'd from a computer will need to be re-sync'd.

Emails are never saved directly to the iphone unless you use the old POP system. IMAP emails will re-install themselves.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Virus on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.