Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is macbook m1 is good for civil engineering related softwares

is macbook air m1 chip will be able to run softwares like autocad,3ds , etabs....

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 10, 2022 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 4:55 AM

Ask your engineering department or whomever you are working with. My grandson's school of engineering said Apple's were fine, but the programs were built around Windows. The department furnished Windows apps, Mac owners were on their own as to finding apps and paying for them.

He chose Windows, but will be getting the Mac of his choice from me after graduation this Spring. He has never regretted the decision to go Windows to better fit his program of choice.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Jessy_9999

Ask your engineering department or whomever you are working with. My grandson's school of engineering said Apple's were fine, but the programs were built around Windows. The department furnished Windows apps, Mac owners were on their own as to finding apps and paying for them.

He chose Windows, but will be getting the Mac of his choice from me after graduation this Spring. He has never regretted the decision to go Windows to better fit his program of choice.

May 25, 2022 5:25 AM in response to Jessy_9999

According to specs apple m1 is a great device but I shall inform you that there is no analytical software like etabs, sap or similar software available but you can use cad and 3ds with apple devices. There is an option to use etabs and sap by using virtual machines but I do not suggest that. Because your device will get slower. Hope this can help you.

is macbook m1 is good for civil engineering related softwares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.