Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I connect my FW 800 peripherals?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 10, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:57 AM

This would likely require two adapters to connect FireWire devices to a Mac with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports. Apple makes a Thunderbolt 2 to FireWire 800 adapter. You would then need a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, also made by Apple.

I used a FW to TB adapter which did work well, but the connection was loose & required something (I used a rubber band in a figure 8) to keep the two together. It may just have been that particular adapter.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 7:57 AM in response to Nootkase

This would likely require two adapters to connect FireWire devices to a Mac with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports. Apple makes a Thunderbolt 2 to FireWire 800 adapter. You would then need a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, also made by Apple.

I used a FW to TB adapter which did work well, but the connection was loose & required something (I used a rubber band in a figure 8) to keep the two together. It may just have been that particular adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.