Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple HomeKit

I have two iPhone in household, a12 pro and 13promax, I have the HomeKit set on the 12pro as the owner resident, and have two automated locking doors, and it is working. On the 13pro, I dii have it set up for one door, and working. Then I added another door, and it did not, and notice some cleanup was need having three homes, so I removed everything back to basic. Now nothing works, it will as a stand alone but then the other phone does not work. So the 12pro is my main resident. I tried sharing again like I did the first time, and it will not let me, states it cannot sent the invite, that the user must be logged in with Apple ID and iCloud Home must be enabled. Well it is on both counts, but still will not let me send the invite. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, no change. I doo not know how to remove any traces on HomeKit on the 13pro so I can start fresh, as it redownloads from the cloud and seems to remember the 13pro, and now it is labeling that phone as the resident owner as well.

Any suggestions or fixes for this as I can only control the locks on one phone(12pro) but the other I cannot get the invitation to or set up to operate on the 13pro, so it is a little frustrating.

Almost makes me considering going back to android if it wasn't for owning HomeKit devices.

I just switched Apple a year ago so maybe it is something I do not know. I looked at signing off the 13pro device, but is it seems I like if I did I loss a lot of information, namely my passwords (ichain) and have to manually do everything. I hope someone as a solution.....Apple support even.

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 8:42 AM

Hello iphone12-pro.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Great troubleshooting. However, we do want to make sure everything has been set up correctly.

Make sure that both devices are up to date. The current iOS is 15.4.1: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Share control of your home - Apple Support -- Also, see the steps for this issue under “If you can't share control of a home”.

If you’re still unable to send an invitation, please contact Apple Support for further help: Get Support

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 8:42 AM in response to iphone12-pro

Hello iphone12-pro.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Great troubleshooting. However, we do want to make sure everything has been set up correctly.

Make sure that both devices are up to date. The current iOS is 15.4.1: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Share control of your home - Apple Support -- Also, see the steps for this issue under “If you can't share control of a home”.

If you’re still unable to send an invitation, please contact Apple Support for further help: Get Support

Cheers.

Apple HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.