Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM Locked on iPhone

I didn't purchase my iPhone through any carrier, so I paid full price for it to use with any carrier. Now, I'm traveling to another country and notice that the "Carrier SIM" says "SIM locked". I contacted my carrier in the US to get the SIM PIN to unlock my phone but they told me to contact the sender. I'll contact the sender later but just want to pop up here and look for some answers. Does any of you know have any similar trouble? Or now how to solve it? Or any advice?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 7:42 AM

Hey, Settings->General->About->Carrier Lock, it says SIM locked on my iPhone. Can you give me more detail on how to fix it? I contacted my carrier in the USA and got their SIM PIN. I entered in PIN and inserted a new sim, I even reset networking but they didn't work.

6 replies

May 10, 2022 7:58 AM in response to thao_pham

The Sim Lock is not the same thing as Carrier Lock.

Sim Lock,. simply means the actual SIM card is what is locked, not your iPhone. If your iPhone were locked and you insert a sim from a carrier that is different to the one it is locked to, it would say Sim not supported, not sim locked.

Sim locked simply means the sim has a sim pin, which has nothing to do with the iPhone. Enter the PIN number for the sim, or get a new sim that is not locked.

If you look in Settings->General->About->Carrier Lock it should say "No sim restrictions".

May 11, 2022 9:42 AM in response to thao_pham

Again, if the SIM card is locked you need to unlock it. Link-> Use a SIM PIN for your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If inserted a completely different SIM card and it still says Sim locked, then you inserted a SIM card that is also locked.

If the iPhone were locked to a specific carrier, then only that carrier can unlock it. click here-> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

SIM Locked on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.