Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Company check box

Hi. Having set up a mail group using the Company check box in Contacts can I change how I view contact names on my iPhone without editing every contact record individually? Thanks

iPhone XS

Posted on May 10, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 2:01 PM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Try to edit the same in the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 2:01 PM in response to RoyTho

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Try to edit the same in the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Company check box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.