Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo pinned over iMessages

a photo of one of my contacts got “pinned” on top of my messages. I don’t know how it got pinned there. I unpinned my conversation but his photo is still there on top, over imposing other messages. How do I delete the photo without deleting my message with him? Thank you.

Posted on May 10, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 8:56 AM

Hey Savanzado,

If you haven't already, quit the Messages app and restart your iPhone as this can resolve many odd issues with fresh connections. Here are some great guides to help, just in case:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If you're still seeing the photo at the top of the Messages app, pin the message again, restart your iPhone, then unpin it to see if that helps. Those steps are found under "Pin important conversations" here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 8:56 AM in response to Savanzado

Hey Savanzado,

If you haven't already, quit the Messages app and restart your iPhone as this can resolve many odd issues with fresh connections. Here are some great guides to help, just in case:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If you're still seeing the photo at the top of the Messages app, pin the message again, restart your iPhone, then unpin it to see if that helps. Those steps are found under "Pin important conversations" here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Photo pinned over iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.