Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac won't start but after a several hours it will start

After pressing the start button, nothing happens. A few minutes after that I notice that my Mac will be warm and tried cooling it down. Several hours later I tried starting again but this time I got a red battery drain symbol on screen then plugged in the charger. Once that was done, the Mac started normally.

what happened?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 10, 2022 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 8:49 AM

richc47 wrote:

After pressing the start button, nothing happens. A few minutes after that I notice that my Mac will be warm and tried cooling it down. Several hours later I tried starting again but this time I got a red battery drain symbol on screen then plugged in the charger. Once that was done, the Mac started normally.
what happened?

you do not say what exact Mac is this...?

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Intel—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

M1—

no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 8:49 AM in response to richc47

richc47 wrote:

what happened?

you do not say what exact Mac is this...?

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Intel—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

M1—

no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

My Mac won't start but after a several hours it will start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.