Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find Friends, My Address is Incorrect

As above, in my contacts the address is correct but on Find Friends it shows my location on the next

street above. Welcome help correcting Find Friends, thanks!

iPhone 13

Posted on May 11, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 11:14 AM

Hi srripple!

FindMy does not use the address that you have provided in contacts, but uses your current location. To make sure your location is accurate, make sure Maps is allowed to use precise location see: View maps on iPhone - Apple Support

Also be aware that in some areas, your location cannot be accurately determined and shared on Find My, when this is the case, your approximate location will be displayed with a larger light blue circle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 11:14 AM in response to srripple

Hi srripple!

FindMy does not use the address that you have provided in contacts, but uses your current location. To make sure your location is accurate, make sure Maps is allowed to use precise location see: View maps on iPhone - Apple Support

Also be aware that in some areas, your location cannot be accurately determined and shared on Find My, when this is the case, your approximate location will be displayed with a larger light blue circle.

Find Friends, My Address is Incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.