Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What law enforcement or who can I call for neighbor hacking my iphone 1

Hi I have an iPhone 11 that my neighbor had access too and apparently has an IT background and knows how to hack phones and stuff and he even taunts me when he drives by saying how I can’t prove nothing and how he’s going to frame me and ruin my life … who can I call or what can I do to press charges or file a lawsuit or something against this guy? He’s gotten me scared to leave my house to go to work, he’s changed all my logins and banking information and all kinds of stuff almost daily.. I try to factory reset my phone and it won’t let me, I try to do software updates and they always “fail”. I know it’s him but the police think I’m on drugs because they don’t understand how real hacking is. Please help me on what I can do… I’m really scared to even touch my phone. I even have pieces of tape covering my camera because I’ll hear it start clicking sometimes out of nowhere and it’s just really starting to overwhelm me entirely to where I’m going to have a mental break down :( I’m scared. Please help.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 11, 2022 4:35 PM

8 replies

May 11, 2022 4:44 PM in response to NeighborHACKINGmyIPHONE

Unless he installed a "jailbreak" on your phone, he's not hacking your iPhone.

To be safe, start by following these steps:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Next, be methodical; tell us what failures you are seeing when you try to update:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

If you feel this is too much to work through alone, make a Genius Bar appointment and they can help you further:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Finally, you may want to consider contacting local law enforcement as the threats your neighbor is making could be considered harassment in its own right.

May 11, 2022 4:49 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

When I got the phone back my “about”’page was pulled up and since I have no idea what all that stuff is I didn’t think twice about it. But he always knows what’s being talked about in my house he’ll make slick comments walking by and like I mentioned taunting me saying I can’t prove nothing because he knows idk anything about hacking

May 11, 2022 4:53 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I believe he actually had access to both my iPhone and router. My mom had him come install the router as well. That’s why idk what to even do. He has all the imei and whatever numbers to my phone. I’ve tried factory restore and it’s as if it does nothing. I’ll wake up the next day and it’s like he ran a backup and undid my factory restore

What law enforcement or who can I call for neighbor hacking my iphone 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.