Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot problem

I have recently travelled to a different country. I came here in kazakhstan for studies.

As soon as i landed here my hotspot feature was not working.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on May 11, 2022 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 12:42 AM

You need to contact your carrier and ask them to make sure that you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.

See this Apple article: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

See also -> If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) – Apple Support (UK)

If you are traveling you need Mobile Data or Wi-Fi network, you can use Public Wi-Fi

See -> Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

You always need Wi-Fi or Mobile Data. if you're not on Wi-Fi, it will use mobile data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 12:42 AM in response to anmol30

You need to contact your carrier and ask them to make sure that you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.

See this Apple article: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

See also -> If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) – Apple Support (UK)

If you are traveling you need Mobile Data or Wi-Fi network, you can use Public Wi-Fi

See -> Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

You always need Wi-Fi or Mobile Data. if you're not on Wi-Fi, it will use mobile data.

Jun 6, 2022 1:40 AM in response to avid176

See this Apple article: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Optimize the Wi-Fi connection, see the following Apple articles:

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Hotspot problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.